Thursday, May 10, 2012

Its the beginning but not the beginning...

I have decided to start this blog about my daily adventures riding transit. I have had so many interesting encounters I have decided it was time to start publishing them. I first got the idea from a book I recently read on a topic that has nothing to do with transit riding but was almost a dairy and that gave me the idea for the blog.

Currently I ride Trimet in Portland, Oregon on a daily basis. However, I have also ridden transit across the nation in such cities as Seattle, San Francisco, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Reno, Las Vegas, Spokane and Miami. However, my transit riding adventures started a few years ago (o.k. more than a few years ago) growing up in the Los Angeles suburbs of Pasadena and South Pasadena.

When I was 11 years old (how things have changed, I would never allow my 11 year old to ride alone), I started riding the bus from school to home and eventually in both directions. Thus began my never ending connection with transit.

Today I ride Trimet everyday to school, to do photography work and to just explore and get to know Portland better. You will soon start hearing about all those interesting things I come upon while riding Trimet plus I will also do postings on any trips I take including those by car.

So sit down and enjoy the adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment